It all started when I was 16 years old. I was the teenager that came into the Hunter household wearing the tank tops and shorts that were too short. I was the one that nobody was sure of, because I was still in High school and Daniel was three years older than I was. Although everyone was kind to me, they often asked Daniel if he was sure that I was the one. Luckily for me, he was sure. (It didn't take them too long to realize I was ok.:)
Here we are, about to celebrate our 8th Wedding Anniversary. Which means, we have been together over 10 years. That's right, TEN years. Wow. That gives me goosebumps. Not only do I feel old, but amazingly blessed.
I often wonder what my life would be like if I didn't end up married to Daniel. I think of the friends I had before him, and the people I dated. It gets me all emotional to think of how hard my life would be if it wasn't for him. I probably wouldn't even be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Which is a huge thing for me. That has brought more joy and happiness to my life than ever imaginable. I also wonder, why me? Why am I so lucky to have everything. I have so much family that I see suffering in so many ways, and that would be me if it wasn't for Daniel. I just know it.
We have been through so much together, and I look forward to the many years to come.
Our marriage started in a tiny one room apartment in Provo, Utah. Daniel was in College, and working himself to exhaustion. I was working in retail, selling shoes. We moved on Back to Montana about 6 years ago. We are now homeowners, and Montana is a place we will probably always call home. I can only hope we are celebrating our
20th, 30th, and 40th Anniversaries here. One of the many positive things about getting married young: I will only be 58 when we celebrate our 40th Anniversary.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats and Happy Anniversary! Eric and I just celebrated 10 years of marriage and have been together 13 years. The statistics have always been stacked against us. I love knowing that each year we are proving someone wrong.
ReplyDelete