Within the past few weeks I have been flooded with people making it our topic of conservation. It has been pretty obvious since 17-20 weeks, but people have been careful about what they say. I tried not to flaunt it because quite frankly, I don't want to have the same conversation 20 times a day. I just can't conceal it well anymore. I kind of wish I could! My belly is growing faster than it did with Ethan. I really hope that doesn't mean she will be bigger than my 8lb 2oz boy that was 2 weeks early. eek.
Other than the usual "When is your baby due?" that comes mainly from women at least 5 times a day, here are my favorites. All from Men:
1) "You need to start doing more sit-ups!"
2) "That thing wasn't there the last time I saw you!"
3) "When is that coming out?"
4)"You look like your drinking beer at the same place that I am!"
Those comments were kind of funny. I do sort of know these people. The one I find most annoying is, "Are you excited?" Seriously? Is that a trick questions?
A lot of people asked if we have a name picked out. That is one thing we are not sharing until birth. (except Daniel spilled to a few close relatives.) I don't want to share it for many reasons, but the main reason is I don't want anyone's opinion on it. I don't want to hear what you like better. Yep, I don't care. It won't change my opinion on what we choose. It is just annoying. Hormonal? Maybe. But I am the pregnant one and I call the shots. :)
While I am on the subject of pregnancy, I will add a few more things. I don't know why everything seems so much harder this time. I keep saying to Daniel, "I don't remember it being like this." He assures me my pregnancy with Ethan wasn't a breeze like I seem to remember it. I am trying really hard not to complain about things, because I really am grateful for the opportunity to bring another life into this world. Even though I do wish I could have one of those perfect uncomplicated pregnancies. I have to see the Dr more than most people, and I will never be able to experience being "over due." Some would say that I am lucky in that aspect, but no. I would love to just be a normal pregnant person. The best part is: Everyday I am reminded that it will all be worth it, and it could be soooo much worse. I may never experience all this again, so I really am trying to enjoy the ride.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am excited to see what you name her!!
ReplyDeleteIt is hard to be grateful for something that seems to be a challenge at the same time.
Hang in there...people don't mean to be annoying :)
Did I say annoying? :) People don't easily get on my nerves when I am pregnant. lol
ReplyDelete