I am so excited about the new year. So many things happened in 2010 that made the year kind of a downer for us. I am so optimistic that 2011 will be better. I can't wait! I thought it would be fun to make a list of all the many things that happened in 2010.
January, February, March and the beginning of April: I was plagued with awful morning sickness. Well, night sickness mostly. Eww. I was crabby and miserable and probably really hard to live with.
Mid-late April-I felt better, but also said goodbye to a precious angel.
May, June & July-wasted my summer away desperately trying to lose the weight I gained when I was pregnant. I did it, but that is no fun either.
August-had a crazy month of family & Weddings. Fun, but busy! Also, my baby turned TWO! That was hard for me!
September-ran into some medical issues that had us and my Doctor believing we would probably never conceive another child. We also found out that if we did, we are at very high risk for having another baby with Down Syndrome or another chromosomal problem.
October-We found out that I am pregnant! Due in June! On the down side, October was also when the morning sickness showed it's ugly face. Much more bearable this time with the help of a little white pill called Zofran. What a relief to not throw up everyday!
November-Family reunion over Thanksgiving! It was so much fun. Daniel has a very large family, so we were able to use the cultural hall at the church. The boys played basketball and we had a family friend who is a photographer take pictures.
On a not so happy note, we also found out in November that my Mother in Law will soon be leaving us for a year to go on a mission for the Church. While we are trying to have faith and we know what she is doing is good, we are still really struggling with this. Ethan loves his Grandma. He won't understand, and I am afraid he won't remember her. I know he probably will, but it is still sad. It is also sad for us. She has been there through every trial and happy time in our life. She will not only miss the birth of her grandchild, but she will miss a good portion of the 1st year of the baby's life. We depend on her so much, so this is really a huge struggle for us.
December-Here we are! We finally got to go to Great Falls for Christmas! It has been the 1st time in YEARS! It was kind of sad because my Mom and sisters aren't there though.
I have a sister I really worry about, and that has caused a lot of tears this month. December has also been a month of illness. Ethan has been sick more this month than he ever has! It has been awful!
I convinced myself that I wasn't going to announce my pregnancy...for a loooong time. It was especially hard telling the few close friends who knew about September's problem. I had JUST sobbed on their shoulder and the next month I'm pregnant! I felt like an idiot, but oh well. We didn't know! I realized today, that if you saw me you would know, so I might as well come out of the closet. I have run into people that I feel wanted to say something but didn't. And keeping a secret gets old. And I don't like feeling like I'm being starred at. Other than family, co-workers and a few close friends we haven't told anyone. I actually JUST told my parents at Christmas. Last but not least, Ethan has been the highlight of our year. He is just so darn cute and is getting smarter everyday. I don't know how we would have survived the year without him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it! You are so amazing and faithful and real! I feel privileged to be counted as your friend! I am excited to see the blessings that come to you in 2011!
ReplyDelete